google-site-verification: google6a6cee5035403fb3.html
DEAR READERS, PLEASE VISIT US AT OUR MAIN WEB ADDRESS: fskating.com

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Torino 2010 - Pairs Free skate

Qing Pang and Jian Tong Results:

1.Qing Pang/Jian Tong(China)-211.39

2.Aliona Savchenko/Robin Szolkowy(Germany)-204.74

3.Yuko Kavaguti/Alexander Smirnov(Russia)-203.79

4.Maria Mukhortova/Maxim Trankov(Russia)-197.31

5.Dan Zhang/Hao Zhang(China)-195.78

Very nice evening with very nice performances. Chinese Qing Pang/Jian Tong are the World Champions. And they absolutely deserve this title. I think it would be a very good idea for some pairs learn pair skating system in China-). Really this season was Chinese.

Germans Aliona Savchenko/Robin Szolkowy once again showed who are the best pair in the Europe. Every their program is a story. They told it in each gesture with highest artistry level. And everyone understand what they want to say with their performance. It’s easy to understand because they explain it very clear. Aliona and Robin not only feel the music - they live in the music.

I still think that Russians Maria Mukhortova/Maxim Trankov were the pair who performed for the bronze this evening. But the strange distance in points after the short program gave these medals to another Russian pair Yuko Kavaguti/Alexander Smirnov.

Actually a lot of pairs demonstrated very good, interesting and clean skating programs. Many thanks them!


Blog Widget by LinkWithin

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure how anyone who knows anything about the the COP would thing the ranking was strange.

Kavaguti and Smirnov did have two falls but one of the fall was on a quad. that gave them 8 points. So even is if though they sacrificed -3 GOE and an extra one pt deduction for the fall, if you took out the two split seconds of mistakes the rest of the program was still great and far superior to the rest of the field. I applaud K/S for always pushing this past the boundary of lifts and throws even if it means it may cost them their heath or most importantly, a medal.

No matter how you personally fell about one team or another, their "artistry", their passion....this is still a sport where you need to gain points and with Alexander's strength and Yuko's flexablity they can get it done and thank God the judges reward them accordingly even though the viewing public are stuck in the 6.0 mentallity.

I just hope Aliona and Robin change it up for next year...the Out of Africa program looked too much like SL from 09. Pang and Tong are great. And I hope Tanya and Max win every competition they enter or he will have no one to else to blame but himself.

Admin said...

Thanks for your comment! I respect your opinion but I have my own.Did you heard the negative reaction of stands for a low points of Mukhortova/Trankov? So not only I think so.

Post a Comment